Grand Master Nick Bajra
Grand Master Nick Bajra was born on July 21, 1970, in Istog, a small town in Northwest Kosovo. As a young boy, Grand Master Nick’s martial arts training began in Judo with his family. After finishing high school at age 17, he was forced to join the former Yugoslavian Army. In 1988, he left his family and friends behind and moved to Paris to avoid being taken as a soldier for the tragic war in Bosnia. While in Paris, he continued training and joined a studio teaching the French art of Savate.
In 1990, Grand Master Nick came to the United States with only $50 in his pocket and barely able to speak English. He settled in Long Island, NY, and started working a minimum-wage job as a dishwasher. With a desire to continue his martial arts training, he joined the Veejitsu Ryu system (an eclectic martial arts system, which combines the arts of Judo/Jiu Jitsu, Arnis, Karate and incorporates elements of other Filipino arts such as Kuntaw, as well as Chinese Kung Fu and Aikido), founded by world renowned Supreme Grand Master Florendo Visitacion. Grand Master Nick is proud to have had the privilege and pleasure of training under his teacher, Grand Master Frank Galante (Founder of Vee Jitsu Arnis Te), as well as directly with martial arts legends Supreme Grandmaster Florendo Visitacion and Dr. Moses Powell (Founder of Sanuces Ryu Jiu Jitsu). This is the foundation from which he developed into a martial artist.
Today, Grand Master Nick’s exceptional skill as a martial arts Master and fitness instructor is the result of over 20 years of diverse training. In addition to his military survival training, Grand Master Nick has trained members of local law enforcement, all branches of the military, numerous government agencies, and the elite Special Forces.
Over the years, Grand Master Nick has been recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally throughout the martial arts community as a true “Master” of the arts. This is due to his lifelong commitment to promote and always provide the highest quality of martial arts and fitness training. This is the biography of a person who followed his dreams until they became reality.
- Acknowledged by numerous, leading organizations across the martial arts industry as, “Instructor of the Year,” “Master of the Year,” and “Sifu of the Year.”
- Promoted to Shodan (1st Dan) in 1992. Created 10 videos (used as part of the self-defense training courses at the United States Military Academy at West Point) with his teachers, world-renowned Master & Founder of Veejitsu, Supreme Grandmaster Florendo Visitacion, and Grandmaster Frank Galante.
- Competed in numerous tournament competitions across the tri-state area in Kickboxing, Arnis, Katas & Forms, taking 1st Place in nearly every one.
- Promoted to the rank of Nidan (2nd Dan) in 1994. Established Elite Martial Arts in 1995, and promoted to the rank of Sandan (3rd Dan) in 1996.
- Inducted into the Galante Martial Arts Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Promoted to Yondan (4th Dan); Godan (5th Dan); Rokudan (6th Dan); Shichidan (7th Dan); Hachidan (8th Dan); Kudan (9th Dan); and Judan (10th Dan).
- Over 20 years of diverse martial arts and fitness experience, including military survival training.
- Promoted 40 students to the Black Belt ranks, with over 60 Black Belts awarded since establishing Elite Martial Arts in 1995.